Thanks so much to everyone who entered the contest! It’s over now, but keep an eye peeled for an announcement about the winners soon! If you’re a winner, get back to me as soon as possible once I attempt to contact you so we can get everything started!
Sure, this might LOOK like the same contest announcement as before, but it’s really not. New stuff is in this wonderfully putrid green. If you’re new here, just read the whole thing. If you’re just checking in to see what’s new, check those parts.
Did I hear that correctly you ask? Yes, you heard correctly! After skipping out on 2010 completely, we’re having a contest in the first quarter of 2011! HA! This contest is going to run from March 6, 2011 to March 20, 2011. How do you enter you ask? Well let me tell you. Unlike our other contests, this one doesn’t require much effort. It’s going to be a lottery-style contest, and the more entries you have the better your chances to win. How do you get entries you ask? Wow, you’re just full of questions aren’t you?
- – If you already follow us on Twitter, you’ve got 2 entries.
- – If you follow us on Twitter after right now, you’ll get 1 entry.
- – Keep an eye on the Twitter feed, we’ll occasionally update this post with a new Tweet for you to send out. When we send out the notice, all you have to do is come back to this Click here to tweet this and you’ll get 1 entry each time we update. I’ll probably be doing one every 2 or 3 days, so keep an eye out. You’ll know which tweets are right because you’ll see the hashtags #mtg and #ManaPoolContest. Just don’t use the Retweet function, as that’s not easy to reliably track, and we’re not tracking those anyway.
- – If you already Like our page on Facebook, you’ve got 2 entries.
- – If you Like our page on Facebook after right now, you’ll get 1 entry.
- – If you Share the Facebook page with everyone, you’ll get 1 entry. Note: Remember to adjust the privacy setting for that share so that everyone can see it and we can track who has entered. Go to the Facebook Page, click the Share link in the bottom left, then click the lock next to the “Share” button to adjust that post’s privacy setting.
- – If you Share some part of this here website with everyone on Facebook, you’ll get 1 entry. That’s not 1 entry per part of the website either. See above for how to make sure I can see it.
- – If you comment on something on the site in an intelligent manner (not spam), you’ll get 1 entry per day. That gives you a chance to get 14 entries right there! We’ll determine what constitutes intelligent, by the way. No posting “This is my contest entry!” or something like that, or I’ll come to your house and punch you. Okay not really, but you won’t get that entry.
That’s all well and good, but what are the prizes, you ask? Look, we’re gonna have a talk about all these questions later. But of course, the prizes! These were all generously donated by someone out there in the Magic world. Here they are, in the order that I received them.
- 1 Mirrodin Besieged Intro Pack – Path of Blight – sent to The Mana Pool by Wizards of the Coast
- 1 Mirrodin Besieged Intro Pack – Mirromancy – donated to The Mana Pool by Lucky’s Card Shop in Greensboro, NC
- 1 Mirrodin Besieged Event Deck – Into the Breach – sent to The Mana Pool by Wizards of the Coast
- 2 Mirrodin Besieged Event Decks – Infect & Defile – donated to The Mana Pool by Top Deck Games in Kernersville, NC
- 1 Mirrodin Besieged Event Deck – Infect & Defile – donated to The Mana Pool by Lucky’s Card Shop in Greensboro, NC
- 1 Mirrodin Besieged Fat Pack – donated to The Mana Pool by Cardshark
First winner will get their choice of which prize they want. Second pick gets second choice, and so on and so forth. But doesn’t that means whoever gets picked last gets stuck with whatever the leftovers are, you ask? Enough with the damn questions! But of course, you’re right!
That’s why the last person picked will get the leftover prize and this handy dandy Infest Playmat!
So what if I’m re-gifting? None of us were going to use it, so we’re gonna pass it on to someone else who will, so that makes it okay.
Actually, that’s not entirely true. Lucky gave us a good deal on some other playmats, so we’re going to have a playmat for each winner! And since people seem to think that it’s a good idea, they’ll all be signed by all four of The Mana Pool host dorks! If you want to know what those playmats look like…well I don’t have a camera at the moment, so you’re gonna have to just deal with your curiosity. But when you win you’ll pick out your prize AND your new signed playmat!
To Wizards of the Coast, for adding us to their give-stuff-away list so we can have some stuff to give away to our listeners!
To Randy over at Top Deck Games in Kernersville, NC (on Main Street!) for always feeling free to bust my chops every chance he gets and always being willing to cut a deal. Oh yeah, and for the Event Decks to give away too.
To Cardshark as always for the help and support over the years, and the Fat Pack money.
To Lucky over at Lucky’s Card Shop for the additional prizes and the good deal on the playmats for the rest of our winners. Oh yeah, and for helping Brian out with my How to Train Your Ooze birthday deck. It’s great.
And finally, to Ertai’s Lament for doing this whole contest idea first and hopefully not minding if we not only rip off the whole idea, but also give away part of our winnings from said contest.